Here is an overview of the optimal skill set of a site operator. Don’t let this list discourage you, if you believe you have what it takes and a facility at favorable location available, why not send us an email with all details that you can provide.
A Site Operator is responsible for the day-to-day operation and security of a single or multi container facility:
- General experience includes providing day-to-day oversight and management of a facility, acting as the interface between team, local contractors and employees responsible for maintenance and operation of the facility (including electrical systems, mechanical systems, security, and all other aspects of facility operation), and the organizational team responsible for installation and operation of containers. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently or under only general direction.
- Manages activities concerned with the installation, operation, and maintenance of equipment, utilities, structures, grounds, etc. Ensures building integrity and maintenance of electrical, water, and air systems and other real property. Oversees maintenance of facility grounds/landscaping. Supervises numerous subcontracts. May act as Regional Facilities Manager. Manages and hires staff, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Requires years of related building maintenance and engineering experience. Supervisory/Management experience.
- Strong Work Ethic – Responsible and Accountable
- Strong knowledge of electrical distribution systems
- Strong knowledge of networking and telecommunication systems
- Deep Knowledge of data center or mine environments
- Team Player with an outgoing personality and a strong ability to build interpersonal relationships with customers and across organizational lines
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal communications, and documentation skills
- Ability to maintain focus under sometimes stressful sales/business negotiations with contractors
- Experience in a colocation/datacenter setting desirable
- Certified HVAC and/or Commercial Electrician credentials desirable
← Private: Frequently Asked Questions