Updated DataTank Key Facts Year-End 2014:
- Greatly improved power and fluid density in post-design stage
- Doubled per-tank cooling and power capacity in production units
- Further reduced infrastructure cost by over 50% (excluding DTM 20% fee)
- New single and dual rack 500kW micro-mine solution (~0.888PH/s brick-and-mortar)
- Alternative and modular ‘tower’ designs (incl. dry, wet and HX for resale of heat)
- New experimental powertrain to improve overall efficiencies (HVDC)
- Confirmed and improved on power-usage-effectiveness (PUE) of <1.01
- Beginning of 2015 outlook (chip on hand): >5PH/1.4MW DataTank container
- Year-end 2015 outlook (pending new ASIC node-sizes): >10PH/1.4MW container
- Long-term DataTank outlook: Increase to 3MW per DataTank container by HW upgrade
Expect an overhaul in 2015 and real-life presentation of physical DataTank mining systems (think containers, farms, greenhouses).
See here for further tech details. Let’s see who gets to 500kW per rack first: Supercomputer builders or Bitcoin miners.
Trivia: DataTank Mining was originally conceived under the name of Endgame Mining.